Today we recognise International Paediatric Oncology Nurses Day and celebrate all of the Nurses working in the Paediatric Haematology & Oncology service at Leeds Children’s Hospital & Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
There are numerous Nurses working in the department in many locations and in different roles. Here at #Candlelighters, we work very closely with the AMAZING teams over at the hospital and it’s truly incredible to see how diverse their work is.
Here’s a snapshot of the teams we work with to help recognise #InternationalPaediatricOncologyNursesDay
We have: –
- Teams of nurses on the inpatient wards providing specialist care to children, Teenagers and Young Adults and those having Bone Marrow transplants.
- The Children’s Haematology & Oncology Day Unit team delivering day case treatments, planning tests and investigations and follow up appointments.
We also have teams of Specialist Nurses:-
- The Children’s Haematology & Oncology Outreach Team support families from diagnosis, through treatment and beyond. They work alongside families to coordinate care, liaison with local services for care and provide care in the home.
- Teenage and Young Adult Team who work across both children’s and adult services caring for teenagers and young adults aged 16-25 years and their families. They offer holistic support personalised care and coordinate treatment plans.
- Research Nurses who support the research work of the department and help families to access studies and clinical trials.
- Stem Cell Transplant Team who support children, young people and families having stem cell transplants and beyond.
- Nurses working Children’s #Radiotherapy at St James’s University Hospital who support and care for children having Radiotherapy treatments.
- Clinical Nurse Educators who equip all the nurses in the department with the specialist skills to look after children with cancer.
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners who work across the department have had additional training to undertake some of the roles that in the past were undertaken by doctors.
- The Nursing teams are led by two Lead Nurses – The Lead Nurse for children’s Cancer and the Lead nurse for Teenage and Young Adult Cancer.
Candlelighters would like to give a big thank you to the Nursing Teams and wish you all a very Happy International Paediatric Oncology Nurses Day!
#NHS #thankyou #superheroes #Yorkshire #Leeds #gogoldforchildhoodcancer #childhoodcancerawareness #childhoodcancer #pediatriccancer #gogold #cancer #childhoodcancerawarenessmonth #Candlelighters #pediatriccancerawareness #childhoodcanceradvocate #leukemia #childhoodcancerresearch #hope #braintumor #cancersupport #childhoodcancersurvivor #cancerawareness #dipg #gogoldinseptember #braincancer #childhoodcancerawarenessday #childhoodcancersupport #childhoodcancerwarriors
You might also like...
Company of the month…Howard Civil Engineering!
We are so pleased to announce that our latest Company of the Month is Howard Civil Engineering! This month we would like to celebrate Howard Civil Engineering as they have made some excellent fundraising efforts for Candlelighters and purchased new toys for the Play Room! In September, a courageous team from the company participated in …
Company of the month…CHN Financial & Victoria Court Private Clients!
We are so pleased to announce that our latest Company of the Month is CHN Financial & Victoria Court Private Clients! CHN Financial & Victoria Court Private Clients chose Candlelighters as their Charity of the Year in November 2021 and started their fundraising early 2022. We are incredibly grateful that they chose to continue supporting …
Company of the month…FOD Mobility!
We are so pleased to announce that our latest Company of the Month is FOD Mobility! FOD Mobility Group voted for Candlelighters to be their Charity of the Year at the start of the year and since then, we have been so grateful for the excellent ways they’ve been involved in fundraising. Thanks to their …