Could you be a Team?
Becoming a team is a special way to support Candlelighters. You will join a community of people who share the same vision as you; to bring light and hope to families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire. It’s also a great way to recognise and encapsulate fundraising efforts of families, friends and local communities, who often come together to fundraise.
Some amazing ways our Teams have supported us in the past…
- Snowdon Sunrise – summiting Snowdon to catch the sunrise
- Yorkshire Three Peaks – and the Yorkshire Six Peaks (one team conquered the Three Peaks twice in one day!)
- Edale Skyline – 30km and over 1000m of ascent
- Yorkshire Dales 100km Trek
- Summiting Blencathra
- 2000 Mile Challenge – one of our teams is walking/running/jogging 2000 miles!
- Virtual Physical Challenges – one team climbed the height of Everest twice on a gym stepper and another completed a virtual coast-to-coast walk covering 1083 miles from Lands End to John O’Groats!
- Coast to Coast – 196 miles from St Bee’s to Robin Hood’s Bay
In the Community
- A school non-uniform day
- A local surgery took on their own challenge
- Local shops taking collection tins for loose change
- Teams have had stalls at local fairs and events
- Bag packing at local supermarkets
- One team’s local area came together to take on a midnight walk
In the Workplace
- Putting Candlelighters forwards for their workplace ‘Charity of the Year’
- Getting colleagues involved in a fundraising challenge
- Using companies ‘matched funding’ schemes to boost their fundraising total – one team received an extra £3000!
- Various Running Events – 10ks, Great North Run, half-marathons, London Marathon
- Virtual Challenge Events- Virtual 10ks, The 2.6 Challenge
Don’t forget that you can sign up to these sorts of challenges through Candlelighters! Please get in touch for further details.
Our teams also like to get involved in our fundraising campaigns which run throughout the year including Easter, Pink it Up, Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (CCAM) and Christmas!
If you are interested in setting up a Team in your local community or would like a copy of our Teams fundraising pack, we’d love to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com or call 0113 3229283.
Meet our Teams!