Family Event Volunteer
Candlelighters offers a variety of support groups and events for families affected by childhood cancer. The Family Events Volunteer help the Community Support Team to set up and manage each group, event or community day to ensure it runs smoothly and successfully.
Even helping with just a few events would really help us to support families.
Activities will vary according to each event but may include:
- Helping to set up prior to the event (arranging furniture, putting up decorations etc …)
- Putting out food and refreshments
- Meeting and greeting
- Keeping a record of attendance
- Making hot and cold drinks
- Cleaning and tidying up
- Serving lunches and refreshments
- Taking notes
- Taking photos
- Organising or assisting with games and activities
- Engaging with family members and helping them to feel involved
- Helping to supervise children
- Cleaning and tidying up at the end of the event
- Assisting the Community Support with any other tasks and activities as required
- Maintaining professional boundaries at all times
- Adhering to Candlelighters’ policies and procedures.
To read the full role profile, please click here.
To apply please download and complete the application and GDPR form below
Click Here for the Application Form
Click Here for the GDPR Form
If you have any questions about this role, please call our HR & Volunteering Manager on 0113 322 9283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org