Date: 14th October 2020
Location: City of York and surrounding countryside (Exact location will be role dependant)
Time: Approx. 8:00 – 14:00
Event Details: Yorkshire Marathon
Number of volunteers required: 40
Registration deadline: 13th September 2020
Volunteer Roles: We are looking for volunteers to help in the following ways:
- Race Volunteers: Helping the race organisers to ensure the smooth running of the event. This may include marshalling, handing out water or giving out certificates and medals
- Cheerers: Wearing our T-shirts, banging our cheering sticks and making lots of noise to help encourage and motivate our runners along the route
- Photographers: To take photos of our runners and supporters (professional experience preferred)
- Sports or massage therapists (qualified and insured): To provide massage treatment for our runners
We are looking for fun and friendly volunteers who:
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Have great communication and people skills
- Can work well as part of a team and on their own.
- Are prepared to volunteer outside and be on their feet for long periods of time
- Are flexible and willing to volunteer in different roles, as required.
- Are at least 18 years old (cheerers can be under 18, but will need to be accompanied by an adult).
Please do also let us know if you have any specific skills or experience you think might be useful, for example, photography, sports massage, marshalling/stewarding, etc.
Support and Benefits
You will receive:
- A Candlelighters T-shirt.
- Briefing and support from Candlelighters’ Community Fundraising Team (or Event Organisers)
- A fun and rewarding day out
- The opportunity to meet new people, including other Candlelighters volunteers and supporters
- The opportunity to gain new skills and develop existing skills
- The opportunity to be part of a fantastic team, all helping to make a difference to children and families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire.
To Sign-up as a Volunteer:
Please complete the short registration form at https://www.candlelighters.org.uk/event-volunteer-registration-form/ no later than 13th September 2020. After this date, a member of the team will be in touch with further details.
If you wish to volunteer alongside friends or family members, make sure each person registers and let us know their names so we can try to put you together when possible.
If you are an existing volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 887 8333.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
If you’re interested in being a Challenge Event Volunteer but can’t make this event, or you’re interested in other volunteering opportunities at Candlelighters, you can find more at: