Family Support Worker
We’re looking for a Family Support Worker to join our team! This role is responsible for providing practical & emotional support to all families across a variety of locations including Leeds General Infirmary, St James Hospital, the Family Support Centre, & the Candlelighters Cottage. This is a proactive role that requires independent thinking and a go get attitude.
Salary and Hours
£20,500 – £23,500 FTE (depending on experience)
Preferably 16 hours p/w – this can be discussed
Hours to be worked on an evening (Variable over 7 days a week)
27 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Rewards and Benefits
- 27 days holidays increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service, 32 after 5 years service onwards and after 10 years service 1 weeks additional annual leave in the 10th year plus bank holidays, pro rata for part time staff.
- An extra day off for your birthday.
- Group Personal Pension scheme – Candlelighters contribute 5% of salary for each employee that contributes 4%.
- After two years service you have the option to enhance your benefits by choosing from the pick and mix options.
- Be a friendly, welcoming face for families to talk to – ‘The People in Pink’ – offering a brew, a chat, a listening ear, and positive support for all the family.
- Introducing families to Candlelighters services and providing them with information of the support available to them.
- Planning and facilitating family events held in the hospital i.e. Dad’s, Snacks & Chats, themed seasonal events etc.
- Ensure compliance with the Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust Infection Control policies.
- Creating a warm & inviting atmosphere for everyone visiting our Family Support Centre.
This role is subject to an enhanced criminal record check, which is processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This particular role is not suitable for family members who are currently receiving support from Candlelighters. This is to ensure they are given the best possible care and support without any potential conflict of interest.
The closing date for the post is Monday 8th January 2024.
We operate a 2-stage interview due to the sensitive nature of the environment incorporating an interview and a taster session as outlined below:
Stage 1 – Formal interview
Date – Monday 15th January
Successful candidates from stage 1 will be invited to a second interview.
Stage 2 – Taster day and interview with a family member. This will consist of a tour of the ward and clinic, meeting staff and spending time in the family support centre.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]
Please view the full role profile here