Date: Sunday 10th May 2020
Location: Leeds City Centre
Time: Shifts starting between 6:00am and 9:00am
Event Details: Leeds Half Marathon
Number of volunteers required: 30
Registration deadline: 29th March 2020
Volunteer Roles: We are looking for volunteers to help in the following ways:
- Race Volunteers: Helping the race organisers to ensure the smooth running of the event. This may include marshalling, handing out water or giving out certificates and medals
- Cheerers: Wearing our T-shirts, banging our cheering sticks and making lots of noise to help encourage and motivate our runners along the route
- Event Photographer: To take photos of Candlelighters runners and volunteers which can be used to help promote future events
- Charity Village Volunteers: To set up our stall at race events, meet and greet participants and supporters, give out snacks and refreshments and sell merchandise, collect donations, hand out leaflets and support your Candlelighters team.
- Massage/Sports Therapists: Qualified and insured therapists to provide massage/treatment for our runners.
We are looking for fun and friendly volunteers who:
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Are friendly, with great communication and people skills
- Can work well as part of a team and on their own.
- Can follow written instructions
- Are prepared to volunteer outside and be on their feet for long periods of time
- Are flexible and willing to volunteer in different roles, as required.
- Are at least 18 years old (cheerers can be under 18, but will need to be accompanied by an adult).
Please do also let us know if you have any specific skills or experience you think might be useful, for example, photography, sports massage, marshalling/stewarding, etc.
Support and Benefits
You will receive:
- A Candlelighters T-shirt.
- Briefing and support from Candlelighters’ Community Fundraising Team (or Event Organisers)
- A fun and rewarding day out
- The opportunity to meet new people, including other Candlelighters volunteers and supporters
- The opportunity to gain new skills and develop existing skills
- The opportunity to be part of a fantastic team, all helping to make a difference to children and families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire.
Please complete the short registration form at https://www.candlelighters.org.uk/event-volunteer-registration-form/ no later than 29th March 2020. After this date, a member of the team will be in touch with further details.
If you wish to volunteer alongside friends or family members, make sure each person registers and let us know their names so we can try to put you together when possible.
If you are an existing volunteer, please email email@example.com or call 0113 887 8333.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
If you’re interested in being an Event Volunteer but can’t make this event, or you’re interested in other volunteering opportunities at Candlelighters, you can find more at: