Sun 19th Apr 2020 Sun 16th Aug 2020
Time: approx. 8:00am – 1:00pm
Location: Hull City Centre
Number of volunteers required: 30
Registration deadline: No later than
22nd Mar 2020 TBC
Event volunteers give their time on a one-off or occasional basis and help in a variety of ways:
Race Volunteers help Candlelighters support the organisers of the large race events that we are involved with. Race Volunteers are integral to ensuring the day runs smoothly by:
- Marshalling – helping to guide participants and supporters along the course
- Giving out water at water stations
- Giving our certificates and medals.
Race Volunteers represent and volunteer on behalf of Candlelighters, but receive their briefing and support from the race organisers.
General Events Volunteer
General Events Volunteers help to make all our fundraising and awareness events really special and successful for everyone involved. This includes:
- Cheerer Group – to wear our T-shirts and make lots of noise to help encourage and motivate our runners taking part in challenge events
- Charity Village Volunteers – to set up our stall at race events, meet and greet participants and supporters, give out snacks and refreshments and sell merchandise, collect donations, hand out leaflets and support your Candlelighters team.
General Events Volunteers receive their briefings and support from the Candlelighters Fundraising team.
Experienced photographers to take photos of participants and volunteers at our events for use on our website / social media /publicity materials
Qualified and insured therapists to provide massage/treatment for our runners.
We are looking for fun and friendly volunteers who:
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Are friendly, with great communication and people skills
- Can work well as part of a team and on their own.
- Can follow written instructions
- Are prepared to volunteer outside and be on their feet for long periods of time
- Are flexible and willing to volunteer in different roles, as required.
- Are at least 18 years old (cheerers can be under 18, but will need to be accompanied by an adult).
Please do also let us know if you have any specific skills or experience you think might be useful, for example, photography, sports massage, marshalling/stewarding, etc.
Support and Benefits
You will receive:
- A Candlelighters T-shirt.
- Briefing and support from Candlelighters’ Community Fundraising Team (or Event Organisers)
- A fun and rewarding day out
- The opportunity to meet new people, including other Candlelighters volunteers and supporters
- The opportunity to gain new skills and develop existing skills
- The opportunity to be part of a fantastic team, all helping to make a difference to children and families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire.
- Travel expenses to and from volunteering (up to £11.00 per day).
Please complete the short registration form at https://www.candlelighters.org.uk/event-volunteer-registration-form/ . Closer to the event, a member of the team will be in touch with further details.
If you wish to volunteer alongside friends or family members, make sure each person registers and let us know their names so we can try to put you together when possible.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 887 8333 and ask for the Volunteering Team.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
If you’re interested in being an Event Volunteer but can’t make this event, or you’re interested in other volunteering opportunities at Candlelighters, you can find more at: