We're in need of volunteers for Street Collections for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month!
Team: The Fundraising Team
Date: 21st September 2019 (10am – 12pm, 12pm – 2pm or 2pm – 4pm)
Location: Leeds City Centre (meeting point TBC)
Time commitment: One-off
Candlelighters provides financial, emotional and practical support to families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire. We support around 150 new families each year and our work ensures the whole family unit is supported in these extraordinary circumstances.
We support children and their families from diagnosis and throughout their journey, including financial support, practical help in hospital, much needed breaks, nearby accommodation during treatment at the Candlelighters Cottage as well as emotional and well-being support at our Family Support Centre (The Square) and Family Support Bus.
Purpose of the Role and Key Activities
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and you could help raise awareness by taking to the streets of Leeds City Centre in our pink Candlelighters t-shirts to hand out leaflets. While there we are hoping to also collect donations with collection tins and buckets.
We are looking for fun and friendly volunteers who:
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Are polite and have great communication and people skills.
- Can work well as part of a team and on their own.
- Are prepared to volunteer outside and be on their feet for at least two hours.
Volunteers are required to be at least 18 years old.
Support and Benefits
You will receive:
- A Candlelighters T-shirt.
- Briefing and support from Candlelighters’ Community Fundraising Team (or Event Organisers)
- A rewarding day out
- The opportunity to meet new people, including other Candlelighters volunteers and supporters
- The opportunity to gain new skills and develop existing skills
- The opportunity to be part of a fantastic team, all helping to make a difference to children and families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire.
To Sign-up as a Volunteer:
Please complete the short registration form at https://www.candlelighters.org.uk/event-volunteer-registration-form/ using the "Access, medical, dietary or other requirements" field to tell us which time slot (10am-12pm, 12-2pm or 2-4pm) you would like to help for.
Once we have received your registration form, a member of the Team will be in touch with further details closer to the event.
If you have any queries, please call the Volunteering Team on 0113 887 8333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org