For children receiving end of life care, through Memory Making, we will support you to provide your child with an opportunity to experience or do something extra special.
The activity or experience can be anything your child wants to do within the UK, taking into account their health needs. It can be something they can experience at home, in the hospice or anywhere else. We encourage children to choose something that is unique to them. Examples of previous ideas have included:
- Family day out (e.g. theme park)
- A party (e.g. an early birthday party or Christmas in summer)
- Bedroom or play area make over
- Travelling in a luxury car
- Special family photo shoot (home or studio)
- Seeing a concert or favourite band
- Bringing special/exotic animals to the family home
- Memory hand plaster casts
We can organise all aspects of the activity or experience, or can provide financial support assistance and support, if you would prefer to make arrangements yourself. Whatever is best for the child.
To talk to us about a memory making activity or experience please contact us.
Call us on 0113 887 8333
Email us at [email protected]
Alternatively speak to your Key worker or Social worker.