Full time 37.5 hours (including some evenings and weekends), Permanent
27 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
Based in Leeds
Line Manager: Head of Family Support
Candlelighters is a successful Yorkshire Charity supporting patients, parents and their families during treatment for childhood cancer. We fund research into childhood cancer and leukaemia. Support families financially with grants. Candlelighters have strong values and clear visions which makes us a strong and supportive charity to work for.
Candlelighters @ The Square is our family support centre based at Woodhouse Square in Leeds which has been set up to provide support to anyone who has been affected by childhood cancer; whether that be mum, dad, sibling, grandparent, close friend or patient. At the Square wellbeing treatments, talking therapy, hairdressing, support groups and events are available for our families.
Can you provide a professional and compassionate first impression of our charity?
The Front of House Coordinator is the first person that a visitor to The Square meets. We know the importance of the first impression and we need someone who will be the face of the charity at The Square.
We are looking for someone who can take responsibility for:
- The initial contact with families; in person and over the phone
- The meeting and greeting of all visitors at The Square
- Making appointments on our booking systems and data gathering
- Good housekeeping / caretaker duties
- Stock monitoring
- Assisting with events and groups at The Square (room set up, arranging refreshments etc.)
The role is varied and you will be working alongside our Senior Front of House Coordinator, so will therefore be covering them also during busy periods, absence and holidays.
You will be responsible for:
- Welcoming and assisting families, visitors and staff visiting The Square
- Engaging with families, enabling them to access The Square support centre services
- Signposting to other services that support Children and their Families affected by Childhood Cancer
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the full range of support services offered to families by Candlelighters
- Listening to and assisting families with their requirements
- Ensuring all visitor areas at The Square are kept clean tidy and welcoming at all times
- General housekeeping – ensuring the kitchen and drinks areas are kept clean and tidy
- Telephone enquiries
- Booking families/staff/visitors in for support services, meeting rooms and car parking
- Monitoring bookings daily
- Receiving monies
- General administration duties such as using the database, data input, updating the booking systems and using all Microsoft programmes
- Being the main lead on the database for the family support team
- Ensuring all rooms are set up for the delivery of activities at The Square – including family events, staff and trustee meetings
- Assisting in the promotion of activities at The Square
- Keep all promotional information up to date at The Square
- Monitoring The Square’s social media account and inbox
- Receiving and checking deliveries
- Monitoring stock levels and ordering of refreshments/sundries for The Square
- Gathering data and recording feedback from families
- Any other duties as required
We are looking for someone who has at least two years’ experience in a service delivery or customer service based role and has exceptional IT skills with Word, Excel and Outlook as well as excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
Sometimes we are dealing with emotional and pressurised situations so you would need to be able to work well under pressure and be resilient enough to cope with the emotive environment that comes with supporting childhood cancer.
You will need to be highly organised and efficient as you will often have to deal with a number of different situations at the same time.
We are looking for someone with commitment, compassion, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn. Someone who understands how important this role is and provides support with a cheerful disposition.
Being a true team player is also critical and all the staff at Candlelighters work hard to be a united group. And we also try to use our own initiative whenever we can. We are a small charity and things like this really matter.
It goes without saying that you will be committed to safeguarding children and you will be required to undertake an enhanced DSB check.
To apply, please complete the Application-Form and send your CV and covering letter. Please note this role is not suitable for family members receiving support from Candlelighters. This is to ensure they are given the best possible care and support without any potential conflict of interest.
Deadline for applications: 19th October 2018
Due to the sensitive nature of the environment in which this post operates there will be a 3 stage interview incorporating an interview, assessment activities and taster session as outlined below:
Stage 1 – 10 minute informal telephone interview with the Head of Family Support
Successful candidates from stage 1 will then be invited to:
Stage 2 – Formal Interview
Successful candidates from stage 2 will then be invited to:
Stage 3 – Taster session
Unfortunately due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to those applicants who are rejected prior to interview.