Donations of toys
At Christmas time we are overwhelmed with the generosity of people donating toys for children & teenagers from across Yorkshire facing childhood cancer and their siblings.
This year we are teaming up with colleagues at Leeds Children’s Hospital and ask that donations of toys are given centrally so that they can be shared across all wards at the hospital to ensure every child & young person receives a special gift.
If you would like to get involved please donate your toys & teenage gifts directly to Leeds Children’s Hospital on either Monday 17th December between 9am and 7pm or Tuesday 18th December between 9am and 5pm, to the Clarendon Wing reception, where staff will be there to help you.
*** We are sorry but we will not be able to accept any toys here at Candlelighters. ***
If you would like to specifically donate to Candlelighters at this seasonal time of year, we have a number of items that we would welcome that will be used directly for the benefit of the children and families we support at Christmas and beyond.
- Love to Shop vouchers (to use for gifts all year round)
- Hobby Craft vouchers (for use at events and to purchase items for use on the wards and in isolation rooms)
- Medium/Large gift bags (for use at our Family Christmas Party, we require these by 15th November 2018)
- Selection boxes
- Soft drinks (still and fizzy) (for use at our Family Christmas Party and at The Square)
- Christmas wrapping paper
- Pick & Mix Sweets, tubs of sweets or bags of wrapped sweets & lollies (for use at our Family Christmas Party and at The Square.)
We also supply items for families to use whilst staying at the Candlelighters Cottage, our home from home accommodation. Items we currently require include:
- Coffee (instant and fresh)
- Tins of: soup/beans/macaroni cheese/spaghetti/vegetables
- Pot noodles/microwave rice/instant noodles
- Breakfast cereals/breakfast bars
- Packets of crisps
- Bottles of dilute pop
- Cans and cartons of pop
- Washing powder/tablets
- Comfort conditioner
- Dishwasher tablets
- Fairy washing up liquid
- Carex hand soap
Please note these items require at least 6 months to the sell by/use by date
We are also always on the look out for items we can use to enable us to fundraise, ensuring we can raise over £1.6m every year to continue to provide our services. You can help us by donating new items for us to use in raffles, tombolas and games. These can include:
- New and boxed electrical items
- Meal vouchers
- Hotel stays
- Shopping vouchers
- Wines & spirits
- Perfume & toiletry sets
- Gift sets
- Unwanted Christmas or birthday gifts
Your support with providing prizes makes a real difference, thank you.
If you have any questions please call our team on 0113 3229283 or email email@example.com.