The Trustee Board is made up of parents, medical and clinical staff and business individuals, each one bringing their own unique skills. We are now recruiting a new Parent Trustee with relevant lived experience of a child going through cancer or a bereaved to join the Trustee Board.
The Statutory Duties of a Trustee
- To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- To ensure the organisation uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects: the organisation must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are
- To contribute actively to the Board of Trustee’s role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
- To protect and manage the property of the charity and to ensure the proper investment of the charity’s funds.
How to Apply
If you’d like to register your interest in volunteering with us as a Trustee Board Member, please email [email protected]
To read the full role profile, please click here.
If you have any questions about this role, please call our HR & Volunteering Manager on 0113 322 9283 or email [email protected]