What is it?
An exciting opportunity for employees to develop their creative, entrepreneurial and business skills whilst in turn, supporting the local community by entering the Candlelighters Bright Sparks Challenge. Teams of employees will be tasked with turning tea-lights into the biggest pot of money that they can, competing with other teams across the county to see who can take the crown of ‘Candlelighters Brightest Sparks’!
Who can take part?
Any team of employees (up to eight in each team). All participants will need to be committed to raising funds for Candlelighters and should aim to reach a team fundraising target of £5000.
Why take part?
There are so many benefits to taking on the Bright Sparks Challenge:
- Raise the profile of your organisation across the county with planned press releases, social media posts and coverage on our website, and have access to our official ‘Proud to Support’ logos from the moment you register, until the end of the competition.
- Develop your employee’s skills and experience in project management, finance, sales, marketing, time management and prioritisation, communication and more.
- Develop internal relationships and enhance team morale, for free! This is a great opportunity for staff to focus on something that will make a real difference to children and families across Yorkshire.
- Networking opportunities with other companies taking part.
- Have some fun!
- Be the spark that keeps our candle burning so that we can continue to bring light to families in the darkest of times. We don’t receive any government funding, so we rely on fundraising support from businesses like yours.
When does the challenge start?
Candlelighters Bright Sparks starts from Monday 17th October 2022 until 31st January 2023.
The Steps to Success!
STEP 1: Assemble a team of up to eight colleagues. This could be one team, Graduates and Apprentices, your Senior Management team or a mix of everyone across the business.
STEP 2: Find out all about Bright Sparks from your contact at Candlelighters and read through our handy documents to give you a head start on the competition!
STEP 3: Attend a Zoom call to launch the challenge.
STEP 4: Receive your tea-lights in the post.
STEP 5: Come up with an idea (or multiple ideas) of how to monetise your tea-lights and turn that seed funding into the most money possible. Get creative and set an ambitious target.
STEP 6: Bank your money (see our separate document with more information).
STEP 7: The winning team will be announced and there will be a celebration event for all teams!
STEP 8: Feel delighted and proud. You have worked hard to support Candlelighters and, in doing so, have helped to keep our candle burning and continue bringing light to families affected by childhood cancer. You have also developed key professional skills and worked with your team to achieve something amazing.
How can I sign up or find out more?
Email [email protected] or call Iain on 07799047982. We would be delighted to chat to you about the challenge and send you some more information.