What is it?
An exciting opportunity for employees to develop their creative, entrepreneurial and business skills whilst in turn, supporting the local community by entering the Candlelighters Bright Sparks Challenge. Teams of employees will be tasked with turning tea-lights into the biggest pot of money that they can, competing with other teams across the county to see who can take the crown of ‘Candlelighters Brightest Sparks 2021’!
Who can take part?
Any team of employees (up to eight in each team). All participants will need to be committed to raising funds for Candlelighters and should aim to reach a team fundraising target of £5000.
Why take part?
There are so many benefits to taking on the Bright Sparks Challenge:
- Raise the profile of your organisation across the county with planned press releases, social media posts and coverage on our website, and have access to our official ‘Proud to Support’ logos from the moment you register, until April 30th 2021.
- Develop your employee’s skills and experience in project management, finance, sales, marketing, time management and prioritisation, communication and more.
- Develop internal relationships and enhance team morale, for free! This is a great opportunity for staff to focus on something that will make a real difference to children and families across Yorkshire.
- Networking opportunities with other companies taking part.
- Have some fun!
- Be the spark that keeps our candle burning so that we can continue to bring light to families in the darkest of times. We don’t receive any government funding, so we rely on fundraising support from businesses like yours.
When does the challenge start?
All teams can begin to trade their tea-lights and start fundraising from 1st December 2020. Nonetheless, they can start to meet and plan their strategy whenever they like.
When does the challenge end?
All monies must be paid to Candlelighters by 31st March 2021 to be counted in the competition.
The 10 Steps to Success!
STEP 1: Assemble a team of up to eight colleagues. This could be one team, Graduates and Apprentices, your Senior Management team or a mix of everyone across the business.
STEP 2: Find out all about Bright Sparks from your contact at Candlelighters and read through our handy documents to give you a head start on the competition!
STEP 3: Attend a Zoom call to launch the challenge w/c 23rd November 2020.
STEP 4: Receive your tea-lights in the post.
STEP 5: Come up with an idea (or multiple ideas) of how to monetise your tea-lights and turn that seed funding into the most money possible. Get creative and set an ambitious target.
STEP 6: It’s Christmas time! Don’t forget this is a brilliant time to do some additional fundraising and perhaps you could sell some Christmas products as part of your challenge?
STEP 7: The competition is at its halfway point! There will be an opportunity to present to a panel of Senior Business Leaders (w/c 1st February 2021) on your idea and your progress so far. This will be scored out of 30 for various elements and the best performing team will receive a fundraising boost, in the form of an auction prize for you to use!
STEP 8: Bank your money no later than 31st March 2021 (see separate document with more information).
STEP 9: The winning team will be announced and there will be a celebration event for all teams!
STEP 10: Feel delighted and proud. You have worked hard to support Candlelighters and, in doing so, have helped to keep our candle burning and continue bringing light to families affected by childhood cancer. You have also developed key professional skills and worked with your team to achieve something amazing.
How can I sign up or find out more?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chris on 07741880474. We would be delighted to chat to you about the challenge and send you more information too.