It’s every parent’s worst nightmare… Hearing those words, ‘Your child has cancer’.
That’s the moment you need someone.
Someone who cares deeply. Someone committed and determined. Someone who believes families affected by childhood cancer shouldn’t face it alone. Someone like you.
You can be family to people going through their darkest days by leaving a gift in your will to Candlelighters. Your generosity puts an arm around the shoulders of future Yorkshire families affected by childhood cancer. You’ll lift them up, comfort them, care for them.
A gift in your will can:
• Provide emotional, practical and financial support when families need it most.
• Invest in vital research to improve outcomes and lives for children with cancer.
• Be there for every family, by ensuring Candlelighters is here for future generations.
When you make or amend your will, your loved ones come first, of course. But leaving a gift in your will to Candlelighters is a way to cherish our family – by being family to children with cancer. You’ll join the special Candlelighters family of brave and caring people determined to help children and young people with cancer. And your values and compassion will shine light and hope for generations to come.
A gift in your will could be the most significant donation you ever make. And because we’re a small charity which doesn’t receive many legacy gifts, every donation counts, no matter the size.
It’s very simple to include Candlelighters as a beneficiary in your will, and we promise to spend every penny of your legacy gift wisely and carefully. For over 45 years, Candlelighters has provided essential support for families impacted by childhood cancer, and we’ll make sure your donation is used where the need is greatest.
Please, could you consider a gift in your will to Candlelighters – and be family to children with cancer in the future?
How to leave a gift in your will
Whether you have an existing will or haven’t ever made one, there are straightforward ways to leave a gift in your will to Candlelighters.
Make your will for free with our free will writing service
For supporters who don’t yet have a will, we offer a free will service – a quick and easy way to create a new will, for free. This is available through our carefully selected and fully-accredited service provider, Bequeathed. (Link: https://www.bequeathed.org/candlelighters)
Update your existing will
If you have already made a will and would like to leave a gift for Candlelighters, there are a couple of simple ways you can do this.
- The first is to write a new will; once a new will is written, it makes any wills made by you in the past, void. In fact, most wills will state at the start that by making a will, you’re revoking any previous wills.
- You can also amend an existing will, using something called a codicil. A codicil is a document used to change a will that has already been made. You can use a codicil to make simple additions or amendments to an existing will, such as changing the amount of a gift of money, or the addition of an executor or gift.
If you’d like to leave a gift to Candlelighters, you will need to make a note in your will of our registered charity number, which is 1045077, and our address: Candlelighters, 8 Woodhouse Square, Leeds, LS3 1AD.
Please ensure that when creating or amending a will, you seek proper legal advice.
Find out more
To learn more about how you can support future generations of children in this special way, or for any help relating to leaving a gift in your will to Candlelighters, please email [email protected] or call us for a chat on 0113 322 9283. We’d love to help in any way we can.