150 Miles in September Challenge
Join our challenge; complete 150 miles from 1st - 30th September 2023 and help raise funds and awareness to support children with cancer - plus get a challenge t-shirt and badge for your efforts*!
Here's how you can get involved...
- Join our Facebook group here.
- Set up a Facebook fundraiser or other fundraising page and share it with friends and family to collect donations.
- Once you've raised £10, order your challenge t-shirt (find out how in the group!).
- Cover 150 miles however you'd like (walking, cycling, swimming, or wheeling) between 1st-30th September!
We'll be posting any other information and advice you need to help you on your way in the Facebook group, so make sure to join as soon as you can!
Download our challenge mile tracker here.
*T-shirts and badges will only be sent once participants have raised a minimum of £10 on their fundraising page.
T&C's for the challenge and merchandise giveaway can be found below.
1.1 The Candlelighters Trust is a registered charity in England & Wales, charity number 1045077.
1.2 Candlelighters provides emotional, practical and financial support to children and families affected by childhood cancer across Yorkshire, as well as investing in vital childhood cancer research. More information about Candlelighters can be found at https://www.candlelighters.org.uk/.
1.3 If you have any questions about a challenge, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 0113 3229283 (Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm) and a member of the team will be happy to help.
2.1 By taking part in the ‘150 Miles in September’ Challenge, you may join to the Facebook Group ‘150 Miles in September for Children with Cancer - 2023'.
2.2 By posting any content (e.g. photos and videos) on the Facebook Group:
• you confirm that you own the copyright in the content and, if applicable, have all necessary rights and consents to include the person(s) featured in the content;
• you give Candlelighters royalty-free permission to reproduce and share that content as we see fit to promote fundraising or other activities for the charity; Candlelighters may remove any content posted by you if you do not comply with these rules.
2.3 You enter the challenge entirely at your own risk. Candlelighters shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to you or your property that might occur as a result of your participation in the challenge.
3.1 Challenge t-shirts and badges will be sent out to participants living in mainland UK who have raised a minimum of £10 on their fundraising page, have completed the form to request one and provided the relevant details needed to fulfil their order.
3.2 T-shirts and badges are subject to availability and Candlelighters reserves the right to withdraw them at any time.
3.3 T-shirts and badges are limited to one per person completing the challenge.
4.1 By providing your information when you sign up for a challenge, we will use this information for the purposes of administering the challenge, and may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.
4.2 If you provide personal information on behalf of additional challenge participants, please only provide this if they have confirmed that they are happy for you to do so as we will use this information for the same purposes.
4.3 Where you have consented to receiving further information from Candlelighters, we will use your personal information to send you these communications.